Renowned heath experts such as Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Jonny Bowden are advocates of vegetable juicing for weight loss. These famous personalities will easily recommend vegetable juices as part of an effective weight loss plan.
The thing is most people are not fond of vegetables. If you are one of these people, here are delicious ways to enjoy vegetable juices and benefit from their weight loss abilities.
Gourmet Green Drink
Contrary to common belief, green drinks are actually delicious. You can choose from any or a combination of the following for your green drink recipe:
- Other green leafy vegetables
Drinking your greens make vegetable consumption more palatable for fussy eaters or for those who are not fond of veggies. This is one delicious way to meet your recommended vegetable servings for weight loss.
Some of the remarkable benefits you can get from your green drink are the following:
- Excellent source of nutrients that will allow you to stay healthy while dropping the pounds fast.
- Purifies your blood and removes the toxins from your body. Toxic substances interfere with the functions of your body systems resulting in poor health condition including excessive weight.
- Promotes overall health condition, and increases your energy levels to do all the activities you plan to do throughout the day.
Smoothie Your Greens
One of the more effective ways to lose weight healthily is to drink protein shakes for breakfast. You can create your own drink by juicing your green vegetables. For variety, you can create succulent green smoothies that will give you the following benefits:
- Your body receives plant-based protein. In many ways, plant-based protein is healthier than animal-based protein. Veggies contain chlorophyll rich in alkaline.This will restore the good balance between alkaline-acid in your body, considering that the American diet today is highly acidic. The good balance of acid-alkaline is essential in weight management.
- Vegetables are excellent source of fiber. The WebMD, in fact, recommends the consumption of fiber-rich food for weight loss. Health experts say that dietary fiber has that power to fill your stomach without the risks of storing unnecessary fats in the body.In a study that monitors the big weight losers, most of these individuals are habitual breakfast eaters with fiber-rich food as part of their staple meals.
- Juicing your veggies makes it easier for your body to absorb the nutrients. As soon as the smoothie touches your mouth, digestion and abruption of nutrients begin.
Vegetable juicing for weight loss will turn green veggies into an appetizing beverage that adults and kids will both love. According to Dr. Jonny Bowden, juicing is at its best when you use green vegetables as ingredients.
Here are three vegetable juice recipes that are easy to prepare and will deliver weight loss benefits to your body:
Raw Chlorophyll Juice – Just combine all the ingredients below into your juicer:
You may want to add the following fruits for flavor: apples and grapes.
Easy Green Juice – extract the juice from the following ingredients:
- 3 stalks of celery
- About 10 pieces of lettuce leaves
- 1 ½ green apple
Kale Cool Aid Juice – juice the following ingredients and combine the extract together. Serve with ice.
- About 5 pieces of kale leaves
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 piece green apple
- 1 piece of lemon, peeled
- Thumb-sized ginger, peeled
- 2 ribs of celery
Tips for Juicing Your Veggies
There is no doubt to the health power of vegetables. Using veggies as your ingredients to create weight loss juices can be as refreshing and as delicious as natural fruit juices by following these tips:
- Add apples or carrots to your recipes, as they are natural sweeteners. These two are also able to break the bitter taste of some vegetables.
- Prefer to juice fresh vegetables (also fruits), and as much as possible choose organic. Fresh organic veggies are superior in nutritional and health value.
- Your choice of juicer also matters. If you wish to maximize the weight loss and other health benefits of juicing your veggies, choose a good quality juicer.
- Mix and match your veggies, and include some fruits to your recipes. The trick is to create varied delicious-tasting recipes. The web has all the resources you need to help you.
Start to benefit from your vegetable juice right now and enjoy the healthy results!